Our Kids and Teens Class Policies
Parents are welcome to sit in on the first session of their child’s art classes
- Children should not arrive more than 10 minutes before class time starts and should be picked up promptly at the end of the class.
- Children who are unruly or are disturbing others in an unreasonable manner will be warned, and may be required to sit out for a period of time. If this does not resolve a problem, the child’s parent will be notified and the child will be removed from the class. A refund will not be forthcoming following the dismissal of a child from any class.
- If there are insufficient paid registrations and we have to cancel a class, you will be notified and you will receive a full refund.•Should there be room in a class already in progress, new students are welcome to join. Fees will be adjusted accordingly.
- Fees must be paid on the first of the month or paid in full for the year. Payment methods are limited to cash, debit or credit card at registration and credit card (required on file) for auto-withdrawals every month. Please note that one month’s notice (on the first of the month) is required to withdraw your child from our program. You will be charged for the next month if we have not received notice of withdrawal in writing.
- Fees for classes missed because of any event beyond our control (such as travel, road conditions, illness, weather or emergencies) cannot be refunded or credited to another class.
- If a teacher is not available, a replacement teacher will be obtained or arrangements will be made for a make-up class.
- If a student needs to withdraw from a class after it has started, a partial fee will be refunded only if there is someone on our waiting list. If a student knows of someone else who may want the class, they may take over that spot in the class.
- Students are responsible for their own clean up. Please do not pour acrylic and oil paints down the sink.
- Paintworks reserves the right to adjust the class schedule, adjust fees, cancel a class or modify a class at any time.
- Paintworks, its employees, and other staff will not be held responsible for any losses, stolen property or personal injury that may occur while students are attending lessons.
- Paintworks is not responsible for work left in the studio. If work remains in our studio two months after a class or workshop is completed, it will be disposed of.
- As a variety of materials are used in our studio, Food and drink, including water may be restricted from the studio space for health and safety reasons.