Our Class Policies
Parents are welcome to sit in on the first session of their child’s art classes
- Children should not arrive more than 10 minutes before class time starts and should be picked up promptly at the end of the class.
- Children who are unruly or are disturbing others in an unreasonable manner will be warned, and may be required to sit out for a period of time. If this does not resolve a problem, the child’s parent will be notified and the child will be removed from the class. A refund will not be forthcoming following the dismissal of a child from any class.
- If there are insufficient paid registrations and we have to cancel a class, you will be notified and you will receive a full refund.•Should there be room in a class already in progress, new students are welcome to join. Fees will be adjusted accordingly.
- Fees for classes missed because of any event beyond our control (such as travel, road conditions, illness, weather or emergencies) cannot be refunded or credited to another class.
- If a teacher is not available, a replacement teacher will be obtained or arrangements will be made for a make-up class.
- If a student needs to withdraw from a class after it has started, a partial fee will be refunded only if there is someone on our waiting list. If a student knows of someone else who may want the class, they may take over that spot in the class.
- Students are responsible for their own clean up. Please do not pour acrylic and oil paints down the sink.
- Paintworks reserves the right to adjust the class schedule, adjust fees, cancel a class or modify a class at any time.
- Paintworks, its employees, and other staff will not be held responsible for any losses, stolen property or personal injury that may occur while students are attending lessons.
- Paintworks is not responsible for work left in the studio. If work remains in our studio two months after a class or workshop is completed, it will be disposed of.